HOW TO APPLY
The application process is free and open to all. We will be reviewing applications as they are received. The longlisted artists will be notified within one week from the applications deadline. Incomplete applications will not be considered. We will be accepting 2 to 3 artists each period of time. The total duration of each residency is two weeks.
Period of submissions for 2021 and 2022:
- 16-30 October 2021, deadline 31st of August 2021
- 1-15 Νovember 2021, deadline 15th of September 2021
- 1-15 March 2022, deadline 15th of January 2022
- 16-30 March 2021, deadline 1st of February 2022
- 1-15 April 2022, deadline 15 of February
- 16-30 April 2022, deadline 1 of March
In order to apply for the Palm Tree Art residency Programme all applicants must submit ONE PDF file to the email address palmtree.artresidency@gmail.
We would advise you to apply as soon as possible. This will allow for us to contact you in case there is any issue with your submission.
The subject of the email should be SURNAME_NAME_2021 and the PDF should be titled SURNAME_NAME.pdf.
The PDF must not exceed 10MB and should include the following parts:
- Artist statement, 300 words maximum, the reason why you are applying for this residency
- Short cv and bio (max one page each)
- A portfolio section with a maximum length of 20 pages, you may present as many images as you wish, caption and short description should be included.
- Links to video/films if relevant to your application, please do not attach videos.
- All texts should be in English.
We do not accept any other file format nor do we accept multiple PDF files and no corrections or updates will be allowed after the deadline.
A place in the Residency is only secured by submitting a deposit of 35% of the Residency fee, within 15th day of your acceptance. The rest of the fee should be paid up on arrival.
HOUSE RULES FOR RESIDENCY
We have assembled this set of rules to make your stay in the residency as positive and fulfilling as possible. We thank you in advanced for observing them.
Smoking is forbidden in the residency houses and the use of illegal drugs will not be tolerated.
Residents keep their own rooms and studios clean.
Please inform us if anything breaks or of damages and malfunctions of the equipment and space so it can be mended.
Painting or drawing on the floor and the walls is not allowed.
The trash from the kitchen has to be taken out to the bin every day.
The use of toxic fluids, in particular nitro, aerosols, petrol and gasoline is not allowed.
Residents are responsible for anyone who stays with them or visits.
Loud noise is prohibited after 10 pm. Disturbances and/or drunkenness might result in eviction.
No parties allowed.
When leaving please remove all your remaining consumables or artist materials from your room, the kitchen and bathroom or give it to somebody else personally.
Thank you for your consideration!